Wisconsin Rural Health Summit Information
Join the Wisconsin Office of Rural Health for the 2nd Annual Wisconsin Rural Health Summit on Monday, May 10th at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells.
Don’t miss this opportunity for all rural health sectors to discover ways that we can collaborate to improve rural healthcare in Wisconsin.
We’ll be gathering providers and stakeholders from across the state, from all sectors of Rural Healthcare:
- Public Health
- Long Term Care
- Dental Health
We’d like you to be there as we step out of the comfort zone of our own communities and facilities, and take a more global approach:
- How can we most effectively work with other healthcare sectors in our own communities?
- What can we accomplish when our hospitals and EMS collaborate?
- How can our hospitals and clinics work together in our community?
- How can we better “tell our story” and encourage our community members to stay in our own communities for their healthcare needs?
- How can we work together to communicate the needs of rural health to our legislators?
This year’s Summit will feature Louis Wenzlow, Director of Health Information Technology at the Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative. Louis will present: CMS Proposed Meaningful Use Requirements: What Providers Need to Know
In his presentation, Louis will be discussing the CMS proposed requirements for the meaningful use of electronic health records. He will provide answers to questions such as: (1) who will qualify?, (2) what are the timelines?, (3) how much will be paid?, and (4) what is "meaningful use?"
Be watching for registration materials! As always, registration is free, and breakfast and lunch will be provided!
We will be reserving a block of rooms at Kalahari, at a special discounted rate. Bring your family for a fun-filled weekend, then stay for this can’t-miss event! Note: The room-block will open up once the registration materials have gone out.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathryn Miller at 608-261-1891 or firstname.lastname@example.org